C Bean Transport. C as in coffee and Bean, also like coffee.

Well, I've always had a way of getting jobs at independent buisnesses that inevitably go belly up. I am not surprised that this job was no different. I admit that in a lot of ways it was a crappy job but by compairison with a lot of my other jobs I've had this one worked for me well. The pay was good by my standards. When I started and was working full time I had more cash than I knew what to do with but soon as my job was downsized i ended up with 24-25 hours a week and the cash well dried up but I still was bringing home for 2 days work what i could make working 5 days waiting tables or working back at the Theater.  It did really sneak up on us at C Bean Transport. We all knew at work that our days were numbered. When the company wide 5% pay decrease came we should have jumped ship. That would be reasonable but reasonable I am not. Now a year after that daddy came home and the party was over! Well, almost over. I still have to work this weekend but after that....OVER!.. . Simply click  here for a much more informitive article.
 Now its time to see what the future holds for me. I've always looked at loosing a job as an opportunity to better myself. I feel bad for the various men and women who worked there that were working to have health insurance for sick family members and those who were simply supporting familys. I'll be fine. It's them i worry about.

3 comments:

Seth M. Ward said...

Yeah I heard from a few drivers that they had closed the doors. No love loss there. They treated drivers like shit and for the most part, they hired shit drivers. There where a few that actually cared about their job, but for the most part, people there where just playing the highschool game.
Becky's the only one I feel sorry for losing her job. Tommy can go back to his mom's house and live off of her. lol Be good to
yourself and I hope you find something good. Try WSE up north. They don't seem to bad.

Mic Burns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mic Burns said...

I'm planning on looking into an Arkansas program for displaced workers that will pay me enough to squeeze by while it pays my way through a bit of college. With UAFS being so close I think that this was a blessing for me.