Mic Burns Was Here

 It only takes me moments to get homesick after leaving my mothers home outside Chillicothe, Oh. Its been nearly a year and I am ready to get back to Ross county to visit the family and get some of that Paint Valley wind in my hair.
 Everytime I go to visit now I take hundreds of pictures of the woods line. The papermill in Chillicothe. The roads I grew up taking anytime we left the house. When I lived there I longed for here and as I lve here I long for there.
 With the recent collapse of my job i am looking into the options of going a back to school and I will be focused on computers. I will retain hope that eventually I can get a job that will allow me to travel more often so that I could make Ohio a destiantion I can visit more than every year of so.
 I love living in the River Valley here in the outskirts of Fort Smith. The friends I have here I've known as long as I knew my friends I grw up with in Ohio but The friends there where there for my early formative years and hold a sentimental attachment that makes me feel like I 'm missing out not being able to see them more often. Not to metion all of my step cousins I was raised with since I was about 3-4.eeing there is nothing more interesting for me to post about now I'll just take this opportunity to take a trip down memory lane in anticipation of my upcoming trip back tothe old stomping grounds.

Its interesting being back in Amish Country. I would love it if there were little Amish Markets around here.  I love going there and we make it a point to load up on goodies everytime we are there. You may think going to the Amish for goodies is strange and it may well be but we do have strange tastes and I dont see how anyone can argue with the freshness and quality of all of the goods they have for sale. I will be defiantely stopping back by and this time i will not make the mistake of not getting bacon cut from a whole side of hog. Last time i told myself I'd come back for it but I never did. :(
 I wonder if the Amish we seen in Cincinnati  were from the same region as my old hometown of from any of the numerous Ohio communitys.

I grew up in these woods and it has a call that makes me muck about in the woods everytime I visit.
It always manages to take me back to my earlier less cinical days where I could spend hours in a tree reading books and enjoying the nature.



Yoctangee Park

Alright Friends and Family. If all goes as plan I'll be back to visit in early May. 

1 comments:

daughteroftheRiver said...

Man, that feels like it was forever ago, I am so ready to go back. Need to get my car fixed! I love that pic of Buddy, so silly 8)